Salem Oregon Real Estate-Spend a Little, Get a Lot Part 3
Spend a little, Get a lot part 3
The Salem Oregon Real Estate Market is still competitive for those try to sell their Salem Oregon homes. Here a few quick tips from your friendly Salem Oregon Real Estate Agent to help your home stand out.
1. If you have more than two cars in your driveway, park the extra vehicles at a neighbor’s house. This will give your driveway and yard a spacious look.
2. Oil and rust stains can be removed from concrete with commercial driveway cleaners that are available from automotive and home improvement stores.
3. The basement needn’t be spotless, but change light bulbs and clear cobwebs before showing the house.
4. Change air conditioning and furnace filters so the units will run efficiently.
5. If your washer and dryer are in the basement, create a cozy laundry area by adding an area rug and shelves to store detergent bottles.
6. Check for termites by using a pocketknife to jab the support beams near the house foundation. If the knife penetrates the wood easily, then there could be a termite problem.
How To Avoid The Most Expensive Mistakes That Smart People Make When Selling Their Home.
FAILING TO “SHOW-CASE” THEIR HOME
First impressions are the most important. Experience shows that for every $100 in repairs that your home needs, a buyer will deduct $300 to $500 from their offer. Thoroughly clean and prepare your home before you put it on the market if you want top dollar.
Want more quick tips to get your Salem Oregon home sold?